To keep your weight gain at a healthy level, continue to eat a nutritious diet. This should include calcium and iron-rich foods, and foods high in folic acid, such as leafy greens and citrus fruits. If you crave sweets, eat fresh fruit instead of cakes or processed sweets. Avoid high-calorie and fried foods.
What should you not do at 18 weeks pregnant?
Avoid alcohol, smoking, and all other toxic or illicit substances during this time. Discuss any prescribed medications with your healthcare provider to make sure that they are safe for use while pregnant. Make sure you eat a healthy diet and take vitamin supplements if necessary.
A Pregnant Woman Should Include in Their Daily Diet at Least:
- Five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables (including at least one serving of a dark orange vegetable, two servings of dark green leafy vegetables, and one serving of citrus fruit)
- Six servings of enriched, whole-grain breads and cereals.
What should I be doing at 18 weeks pregnant?
Your baby’s reflexes are developing this week – and on the agenda will be hearing, feeling, swallowing and sucking. They will also be doing a lot of wriggling around and moving their little arms and legs.
What should be avoided during second trimester?
Don’ts for the second and third trimester
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, excessive intake of caffeine.
- Dental visits are linked to diagnostic procedures. …
- Avoid undercooked meat to prevent diseases like Toxoplasmosis and Listeriosis.
- Avoid hot sauna baths.
- Avoid cleaning of the litter box to prevent infections.
What should I eat to have beautiful baby?
10 foods to eat during pregnancy for a healthy baby
- Dairy products. During pregnancy, the consumption of dairy products is very important. …
- Eggs Eggs are considered as superfoods by many as they are a great source of vitamins, proteins and minerals. …
- Sweet potatoes. …
- Legumes. …
- Nuts. …
- Orange juice. …
- Leafy vegetables. …
When can dads feel kicks?
Most women can first share their baby’s movements with their partner between weeks 20 and 24 of pregnancy, which is partway through the second trimester.
Is pasta good for pregnancy?
Pasta does contain nutrients like vitamin A, B, folic acid and the most essential macronutrient, carbohydrate. Pasta also contains lectins and phytates, which leach out a few micronutrients like zinc and magnesium from the mother-to-be and indirectly from the baby in the womb.
How long can I go without eating while pregnant?
Don’t go more than two or three hours without eating.
Is 18 weeks considered 5 months pregnant?
If you’re wondering how many months pregnant you are at 18 weeks, the answer is you have probably now just turned 5 months pregnant.
How often should I feel baby move 18 weeks?
How often should my baby move? There is no set number of normal movements you should be feeling – every baby is different. Get to know how your baby moves. From 18-24 weeks on you should feel the baby move more and more.
What do baby kicks feel like at 18 weeks?
Fluttering, butterflies, or bubbles
Sometime between 18 and 22 weeks of pregnancy, you will start to feel your baby move. At first, these small movements feel like fluttering or “butterflies.” Some women say that they feel like gas bubbles. These first flutters are sometimes called “quickening.”
What should I eat at night during pregnancy?
Eat an evening snack. Choose a light grain-and-dairy snack, such as crackers with low-fat cheese and fruit, or low-fat yogurt with toast and apple butter. Wait an hour before lying down. These healthy pregnancy foods will digest quickly so you (and your stomach) can rest.
What should I eat in 5th month of pregnancy?
A pregnancy nutrition plan should include:
- the optimal protein intake, from plant and animal sources, such as fish, chicken, eggs, and lentils.
- fiber-rich carbohydrates, from sources such as oats, sweet potatoes, and fruit.
- healthy fats, from sources such as avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and yogurt.
Should I take folic acid in 2nd trimester?
Folic acid has also been suggested to reduce your risk of: Pregnancy complications (One report found that women who took folic acid supplements during the second trimester had a reduced risk of preeclampsia.) Heart disease.